Why video marketing is so important
If you use video as part of your marketing strategy it can be a powerful tool that can be used to reach a wider audience, increase brand awareness, and ultimately generate leads to promote a product or service.
Here are some of the reasons why video marketing is so important:
- Video content is engaging. It’s more likely that people will watch a video than read a heavy text-based article. Our brains are wired to focus on things that move why video can also be more engaging than just static images.
- Video is shareable. People are more likely to share videos with others via social media, email, text and so on. This vastly increases your chances of reaching a larger audience and drive more traffic to your website.
- Video can help you rank higher on search engines. Search engines like Google are using video content to determine the relevance of a website based on the key words they are searching for. By including video content on your website, you are more likely to rank higher in search results. YouTube is the world’s second largest search engine, people are actively searching on there about products or services. By placing the key words and linking back to your website you will increase your chances of ranking on search engines.
- Video can help you turn leads into customers. By explaining your product or service with video, it gives you the opportunity to answer questions, and build trust with potential prospects. This can significantly increase the amount of people who convert into customers. Millennials are actively watching videos to discover more about products and services before they invest in them. Video unlocks the opportunity for you to be transparent with your prospects by actively showing a product or service in action.
Check out the online seminar divine.media's Sean Carr held on the Importance of Video Marketing here:
So what do we suggest?
- High-quality. One thing that we’ve noticed is that the quality of video sometimes does not reflect the quality of the brand in order to engage with your target demographic, you must make sure the videos are of equal calibre.
- Social media. Ensure you post your videos on the platforms where your demographic is most active. One video is not suitable for all platforms, ensure it is correctly optimised for where it is being viewed. For example, if your video is being viewed on Instagram reels or TikTok, it must be filmed and edited in a vertical format, otherwise it will be difficult to watch and you’ll lose the attention of the viewer. If you are unsure how to do this, hire a professional video production company.
- Add videos on your website. Adding videos to your website’s home page and other relevant pages, as previously mentioned, enables you to climb the ranks of search engines. It also allows your viewer to watch your content in your branded environment and helps you control the customer journey, for example directing your viewers to scroll down the page or click on links on the page. You can host your videos on YouTube or Vimeo too which allow you to embed them onto your website.
- Track your results. Keep an eye the number of views, shares, watch time and comments on your videos. This will allow you to measure the success of your video marketing campaigns. Make sure you reply to the comments too, this shows you are active and you interact with your customer base.
Want to get started with video marketing with divine.media?